One of the things you should focus on would be your hair! It’s what helps make or break your style. Even loose strands of hair can ruin your look for the day. Another problem would also be a small forehead that makes your face look smaller and round!
Fortunately, there are ways you’ll be able to remedy loose strands or a small forehead. That’s where waxing hairline comes along.
But what exactly does waxing hairline do and what does a waxed hairline look like? Read on as we show you everything you need to know about hairline threading and waxing.
Table of Contents
What is Hairline Threading?
One thing we forget to notice would be our hairline, or what parts our hair into even sections. This line helps make style our hair better, and has us looking neater. But sometimes, you won’t be able to have an even hairline, as some people suffer from crooked or messy hairlines ridden with loose strands!
Salons have found a solution: Hairline threading.
You may have heard of eyebrow threading, where stylists use thread or wax in order to remove loose strands of hair, shaping your eyebrows to look better.
Hairline threading is similar, where stylists would either have it threaded or waxed for a fuller and more even hairline. It also helps reduce the small and loose strands on your hair.
Benefits of Hairline Threading
Threading your hairline has a ton of benefits, making your hair look better:
- You get to shape your hairline however you want it, making it easier to part and style your hair.
- Hairline threading removes the loose strands on your hair, making it look neater and easier to tie up. No need to worry about having to gel those loose strands!
- Threading your hairline and removing some strands on top of your hair will make your forehead look bigger, which is beneficial for those who have smaller faces. It helps make your face look elongated.
- Threading is quicker and more precise than using scissors. It’s also an inexpensive service you can either do with a friend, or in your local salon.
Cons of Hairline Threading
But just like anything else, waxing your hairline has its cons, such as:
If done incorrectly, a threaded or waxed hairline will look messy or too awkward. Also, it looks unnatural, as if you had something done.
Threading or waxing WILL sting, and at most, hurt a lot. It isn’t something that a lot of people will be able to tolerate.
Threading may aggravate acne, due to plucking the hair from follicles. It may also damage skin and speed infection. This procedure isn’t suitable for those who suffer from acne.
You will need to have a good threader, as there are health risks that come from threading, especially when mixed with poor hygiene.
Tips When Hairline Threading
When threading, there are some tips you may want to follow for better and more effective results:
- Use a CLEAN, thin and white cotton thread. Polyester or other material will make the threading more painful.
- If it is too difficult to try thread using a thin thread, then you can purchase tools that can make threads easier.
- To avoid more pain and less redness, use aloe vera gel to soothe the skin.
- Make sure that the thread you use is clean and free from any bacteria. Do NOT reuse any thread for threading your hairline.
Hopefully, this article on hairline threading and waxing hairline helps you become more knowledgeable on how to remove the loose strands and widen your forehead! Do comment below if you have any questions.